CORDURA® Brand to Display Fashion/Function Workwear Fabric Innovations and Work ‘N Mode Contest Winner at Expoprotection
“Get CORDURA® Fabrics Working for You!” with Expansive Showcase of Durable Apparel
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, the go-to fabric for companies seeking to create durable, high performance gear and apparel, will display a wide array of fashionable, functional workwear designs along with inspirational garments from winners of the Work ‘N Mode contest at Expoprotection in Paris, France November 4-6. Head to toe fabric and design innovations using CORDURA® Classic, Denim and NYCO fabrics and unique designs with stylish functionality will be showcased at the CORDURA® brand stand #M98.
“Increasingly, workwear is about more than just function alone,” says Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. “Our Work ‘N Mode competition for fashion students at the L’Atelier Chardon Savard is an exciting way to get fresh minds thinking about the most creative ways to integrate fashion and function into work apparel using CORDURA® brand fabrics.”
The Work ’N Mode contest, hosted by CORDURA® brand for the students at the L’Atelier Chardon Savard in Paris was aimed at getting contestants to reinterpret and re-imagine work clothing for men and women using a broad range of performance fabrics from the CORDURA® fabric collection. This integration of fashion/function encourages future designers to bring technical and fashion elements together into work clothing by freely and creatively rethinking the traditional garments. Finalists garments from the Work ‘N Mode contest will be on display in the CORDURA® brand stand along with sketches and design portfolios.
Alongside the Work ‘N Mode contest designs, the CORDURA® brand stand will feature a selection of branded professional work clothing that helps demonstrate the versatility of CORDURA® fabrics for a wide range of protective and performance work apparel uses. Featured items include:
- Blaklader’s latest craftsman trouser designs (1960 and 1961) featuring comfortable, durable CORDURA® NYCO fabric
- Dunderdon’s stylish P60 and P49 work jeans featuring hardwearing CORDURA® Denim fabric
- Ursuit Professional Redq Diving Suit with a rugged CORDURA® Classic fabric exterior
Featured CORDURA® Fabrics at the stand will include:
- CORDURA® Classic fabrics: New fabric constructions and textures for workwear garment reinforcements from mills such as Dae Huyn, LeeJo, CF Weber, Sasytex, Huamao and Dong Jin.
- CORDURA® NYCO fabrics: Durable comfortable, light weight constructions and styles with durable water repellent finishes suitable for next to skin work apparel from Penfabric, Malaysia
- CORDURA® Denim fabrics: Rugged, hardwearing work denims with stretch and thermoregulation capability from Artistic Milliners, Pakistan and the latest styles from Arvind Ltd, India
- CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabrics: Comfortable supple fabrics with the aesthetics of wool and the durability of nylon from Chang Ho, Taiwan and Chia Her Industrial Co Ltd, Taiwan
For more information about CORDURA® fabrics, or to meet with the CORDURA® brand team, please stop by the CORDURA® brand stand #M98 at the Expoprotection show, or visit http://www.cordura.com/en/about/contact.html to make an appointment.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.” To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visit www.CORDURA.com.