INVISTA Presents Its 2012/2013 Legwear Trends Collection
INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, and owner of the LYCRA® fibre brand, presents its 2012/2013 legwear trends collection, focusing on the way consumers are using accessories to give their look a strong personal signature by complementing their outfits with creative and inventive hosiery designs.
The new fashion trends suggest using the leg as a canvas, playing with layers, trompe l’oeils and raised textures. They are moving from decorative motives and colouring towards a more bold type of patterning to provide playful sophistication.
INVISTA is providing brands with legwear fibres and technologies that allow them to combine comfort with fit and style by using innovations such as LYCRA® Fusion fibre, LYCRA® 3D hosiery, LYCRA® beauty hosiery, LYCRA® freshFX® socks, LYCRA® Energy socks, LYCRA® Soft Comfort fibre, and LYCRA® SPORT socks.
INVISTA’s new 2012/2013 legwear trends collection features the following innovations and products.
- Visual Drama – A growing urge for the dramatically theatrical and eclectic, going for playful sophistication without compromising on comfort or performance, this trend breathes sheer luxury and evokes a rich global heritage by using iconic historic patterns and styles that have been re-edited with striking modernity and a humorous twist. Each item combines up-to-date fashion and glamour with functionality and performance thanks to the use of LYCRA® Soft Comfort fibre, LYCRA® Fusion fibre, LYCRA® beauty hosiery or LYCRA® Xceptionelle hosiery.
- Sense of Nostalgia – Sensuality and nostalgia with a playful twist, expressing optimism and a brave touch of opportunism. The arch provocateur idea is softened with poetic romanticism and the designs and patterns made with LYCRA® fibre reflect faint memories in a subdued palette of cosmetic and powdery tones such as blush, skin, pearl and kohl.
- Dressed Up – A disciplined approach to glamour evoking severe chic with subtle details and decorations including tromp l’oeil designs that reflect the renaissance of fine crafts and intricate designs in strict, sober and minimalist shades. LYCRA® 3D hosiery and LYCRA® Fusion fibre provide these styles with an outstanding elegant look.
- Twisted Classics – This trend creates the authenticity of the timeless respected classics and traditional fashion looks, translated into contemporary designs by playing with iconic patterns that are digitised, enlarged, mirrored and twisted in serious shades of lovely silky sheen, interesting heather and marl aspects and lively textures using LYCRA® fibre or LYCRA® Soft Comfort fibre.
- Colour Me Bright – Playful, straightforward and iconic, this trend references children’s toys and furniture translated into mature designs in saturated citrus, cold green, deep fuchsia and black; vibrantly happy tones enabling strong contrasts in bold plains, or geometric compositions with dark clashing with bright. This trend is convincingly translated into a plus size garment qualifying as LYCRA® Xceptionelle hosiery.
- Metropolis – The industrial revolution inspired this trend of armoured constructions derived from the idea of protective scales and steel skeletons of architectonic and machine constructions. Intricate graphic patchworks in steel blue, brick red, charcoal, clay and rust, are wrapped and sharply draped in combination with dense and compact textures to provide these pairs of LYCRA® 3D hosiery with a futurist and at the same time primal feel.
- Adrenaline – Specific to clothing that enhances body shapeor helps the wearer keep cool and comfortable while working out.. The shades used are cool and glacial with frozen mint, clouded yellow, pale skin and pure white and black enhanced by the use of LYCRA® Black fibre.
- Techno Sport – Addressing the growing demand for performance combined with functional legwear, the Techno Sport trend integrates design solutions, fusing smart ingredients. Garments are manufactured with LYCRA® Soft Comfort fibre to provide smooth aesthetics and match tough performance with soft comfort using protective padding, bold blocking and swift aerodynamics in bold, powerful and vibrant accents.
- Retro Sport – Inspired by the 1970’s, Retro Sport uses iconic shaping, artful patterning and a rich medley of offbeat colours exuding the love for handcrafted of the era, natural authentic materials combined with LYCRA® fibre for a perfect fit and bohemian art serving as reminders for the bulky knits, crochet, raised and obvious weaves and patchworks found in earlier decades in chocolate brown, coffee beige and bright orange.
Thanks to LYCRA® fibre and innovations, the new 2012/2013 trends incorporate comfort, shaping, fit, and performance to add value and trigger creativity in legwear, offering the consumer a combination of design and style, and fashion with function.
LYCRA® and freshFX® are trademarks of INVISTA.
Christine Do Phan
Work +41 (0)22-770-40-17