CORDURA® Brand Fabrics named ISPO Textrends Winner
Ten Outer Layer and Second Layer Fabrics Chosen as Top ISPO Picks
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand fabrics have been named winners in the ISPO Textrends Forum for the most innovative products for 2016/2017. Winning CORDURA® fabrics run the gamut of the brand’s offerings including CORDURA® Naturalle™, AFT, Denim, Lite, Ultralite, Canvas and Combat Wool™ fabric innovations.
“We are thrilled to have our fabrics recognized at a forum that values new and innovative materials,” says global CORDURA® brand and marketing director Cindy McNaull. “Our brand is always looking to expand the boundaries of durable fabric with original technologies that are long lasting, functional and fashionable.”
The ISPO Textrends Forum is similar to an awards contest in structure and concept. Participants apply with their top products and a jury of journalists, designers and independent experts review and choose the best entries. Top entries benefit from multiple sales and promotional services designed to simplify the search for new and innovative materials for designers and product managers.
CORDURA® Brand fabric winners include the following:
Top 10 Product Outer Layer
KR51 Huamao (Xiamen) CORDURA® Ultralite ripstop fabric
- Ultra lightweight water-repellent ripstop construction with excellent tear resistance.
Selected Products Soft Equipment
US 315D Bobble DaeHyun CORDURA® Lite fabric
- Stylish, textured weave CORDURA® Lite fabric offers lightweight, durable performance with enhanced tear and abrasion resistance.
1022G – LEEJO CORDURA® Canvas fabric
- Classic vintage look woven cotton/nylon bag canvas with enhanced abrasion and tear resistance.
COR2020 Tiong Liong CORDURA® AFT fabric
- Breathable, rugged mesh fabric with enhanced abrasion and tear resistance
COR1002 - Tiong Liong CORDURA® AFT fabric
- Breathable, rugged CORDURA® AFT mesh fabric with enhanced abrasion and tear resistance.
Selected Products Second Layer
AM 1110-B Artistic Milliners CORDURA® Denim fabric
- Hardwearing CORDURA® Denim fabric with thermoregulation capability and stretch functionality is up to four times more abrasion resistant than traditional 100% cotton denim fabric of equivalent weight.*
DT104022 Chang Ho CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric
- Mid-layer durable, soft, drapable nylon, Merino wool blend knit.
Selected Products Outer Layer
CNQ698-310 Chia Her CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
- Rugged lightweight 4-way stretch ripstop with soft handle and excellent tear resistance for sports apparel.
CNQ251-010 Chia Her CORDURA® Naturalle™ Fabric
- Stain- and water-repellent rugged 4-way stretch fabric with vintage twill styling, excellent tear resistance and good stretch recovery capability.
Y722053 New Wide CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
- Versatile twill style knit with excellent stretch recovery - durable nylon face and soft handle polyester back.
The ISPO Textrends platform will be presented in the center of the textile and fiber industry at ISPO BEIJING 2015 and ISPO MUNICH 2015.
*(Martindale testing based on 13.75 oz denim fabric.)
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visit www.CORDURA.com.