CORDURA® Brand Team Unveils Fabric Innovations From Authorized CORDURA® Fabric Mills at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012
New Durable Fabric Collections Now Available from Artistic Milliners, Dezhou YuanJi, Dong Jin, HuaMao,Lee Jo, Mt. Vernon, Nishat, Penfabric,Texland & Nexko
The CORDURA® brand team will present the latest CORDURA® fabric innovations from several of its authorized global CORDURA® fabric mills at the 2012 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market show, which takes place Aug. 2-5 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Showcased products include a wide range of new apparel and gear related fabrics, including CORDURA® Denim, Duck, Naturalle™, UltraLite, and HP fabrics. Visit CORDURA® brand booth #39213 to learn more.
“The key themes among these fabric innovations are versatility, and long-lasting durability,” said Cindy McNaull, global brand CORDURA® brand marketing director. “We have denim, canvas, stretch, hybrid blends, waterproof and breathable finishes, PU, TPU, and silicon coatings, organic constructions and more represented in this diverse lineup of gear and apparel targeted fabrics. Extending the life and performance of CORDURA® fabric offerings is our goal and supports our brand’s tagline of ‘Sustainability Begins With Products That Last™’.”
The latest CORDURA® fabric innovations include:
- Artistic Milliners: 255 – 390 gsm (9-13.75 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics, with and without LYCRA® fiber and LYCRA® T400® fiber for added comfort and stretch in a wide variety of specialty colors and finishes (Rivera, Sirrocco, Straight Edge and Pre-Shrunk & Skewed).
- Dezhou YuanJi: Newest mill to join the authorized CORDURA® Denim fabric network; offering 355 and 420 gsm (12.5 and 14.75 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics in 3x1 weave denim constructions.
- Dong Jin: Wide variety of innovative gear and apparel fabrics (50-360 gsm) ranging from 30-500d hybrid blended nylon 6,6/poly rip stops, twills, and mélange fabrics, as well as CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics featuring Lycra® fiber technology.
- HuaMao: Showcasing CORDURA® UltraLite Fabrics for tent / accessory end-uses, including variety of weaves and coating options(eg, one side PU,one side silicone).Also featuring array of full-dull apparel focused CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics. With different deniers and coatings, including waterproof finishing, PU and TPU breathable membrane technologies.
- Lee Jo: New collection focused on CORDURA® HP and Hybrid CORDURA® HP / Nylon fabrics in deniers ranging from 100 to 810. Ened-Uses include bags, packs, and footwear.
- Mount Vernon: 280 – 340 gsm (10–12 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics (88/12 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6)
- Nishat: 225 – 280 gsm (8–10 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® NYCO (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabrics in twill, canvas, rip stop constructions; colors include tan, brown, black, and navy; 240 gsm (8.5 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® NYCO fabric featuring Organic Cotton; Stretch CORDURA® NYCO fabric with 2x2 Oxford Canvas construction featuring LYCRA® fiber for enhanced comfort; Finishes include Peach and Lafer Peach.
- Penfabric: Newest mill to join the authorized CORDURA® NYCO fabric network; CORDURA® NYCO (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabric offerings include 325 gsm in 2/2 serge, 3/1 drill and 2/1 canvas and 380 gsm in 3/1 drill & 2/1 canvas weaves.
- Texland & Nexko: Latest innovations include CORDURA® brand stretch fabrics and a blended CORDURA® brand /KEVLAR® fabric for apparel and motorcycle end uses and available in several weaves, including: plain, ripstop, twill and dobby in weights ranging from 160 to 330 gsm. Targeted fabrics incorporate LYCRA® fiber technology for ease of movement.
To learn more about CORDURA® brand fabrics, please visit www.CORDURA.com or visit the CORDURA® brand booth #39213 at Outdoor Summer Market in Salt Lake City, Utah, Aug. 2-5, 2012.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visit www.CORDURA.com and follow us on Facebook, http://facebook.com/CORDURABrand, Twitter, http://twitter.com/CORDURAbrand, and YouTube, http://youtube.com/CORDURAbrand.
Howard, Merrell & Partners