CORDURA® Brand debuts new fashion/function focus at Summer Outdoor Retailer Show
INVISTA’s CORDURA® Brand, the go-to fabric for companies seeking to create durable, high performance gear and apparel, will launch its Fashion/Function campaign at the Outdoor Retailer Summer 2014 Market in Salt Lake City, Utah, Aug. 6-9, 2014. New wool innovations and designs from a first time collaboration with an individual designer, Alex Valdman, kick-start the exciting debut. Numerous brand customer pieces will also be on display at the CORDURA® brand booth #39213. Stop by the booth August 7th from 4:30-6:00pm to celebrate the launch of Valdman’s CORDURA® Combat Wool™ designs and take a look at the many new CORDURA® fabric brand applications.
“More and more, consumers are looking for fashionable pieces that are also functional,” says Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. “Our new CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric is just one of our many head to toe fabric innovations geared toward meeting this need. And with a highly functional fiber such as Merino wool in our product, our commitment to creating durable fabrics for durable people remains evident.”
At the show, the CORDURA® brand team will launch a new capsule collection by Alex Valdman—its first collaboration with an individual designer. Valdman, a noted fashion designer, created pieces made with CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric that include a multifunctional jacket and pant that highlight the fashion and functionality of durable lifestyle apparel. Appropriate for both everyday and outdoor wear, these crossover pieces will highlight the fashionable durability of CORDURA® Combat Wool™.
“Alex is using CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric to design multipurpose clothing,” says McNaull. “He understands that consumers need clothes with urban functionality that can transition from work wear to lifestyle and outdoor wear. CORDURA® brand fabric is great for this type of market because of its mix of durability and comfort.”
Valdman features two new CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric innovations in his designs. His jacket and pant are Chia Her’s stretch woven and lightweight non-stretch woven blends with a CORDURA® Naturelle fabric shell and CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric next to skin. Other innovations include Burlington Industries’ new family of woven CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabrics in twill, canvas, ripstop, dobby and stretch constructions. CORDURA® Combat Wool™ socks are also a new addition.
Along with CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric and the CORDURA® x Alex Valdman feature collection, new Spring15 products powered by CORDURA® fabric will also be showcased at the CORDURA® brand booth, including:
- Black Diamond’s Cottonwood t-shirt made with CORDURA® Baselayer fabric and Creek Pants and Creek Shorts made with CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
- Timberland’s Canvas Shorts made with CORDURA® Canvas fabric, Locke Lake Denim Pants made with CORDURA® Denim fabric, Waterproof Mount Shaw jacket made with CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric and Groveton Boat Oxford made with CORDURA® HP fabric
- Manhattan Portage’s Europa Bag, Morningside Backpack, Big Apple Backpack, DJ Bag, J Bag and Fort Hamilton Backpack made with CORDURA® Lite fabric
- Levi’s Kids Capsule Collection and Levi’s Skateboarding Collection made with CORDURA® Denim fabric
- Thule’s innovative new line of technical backpacks featuring CORDURA® Lite fabric
- Reebok’s CrossFit Collection including their new training short made with CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
In line with the outdoor industry’s demand for top-to-bottom durable fabric solutions, the latest CORDURA® brand fabric innovations from global authorized CORDURA® fabric mills can be seen at this year’s show:
CORDURA® AFT fabric
- Tiong Liong: Targeting outdoor and athletic footwear, the newest collection of CORDURA® AFT (Air Flow Technology) fabrics offer stylish durability and enhanced strength-to-weight ratio. This range of highly breathable knits—based on high-tenacity polyester and nylon 6,6 fiber technologies—includes an array of mesh and 3D/spacer fabrics.
CORDURA® Ballistic fabric
- Daehyun Textile Co Ltd: The latest offerings of CORDURA® Ballistic fabrics targeted at bags, packs and luggage applications is based on the same qualifying high tenacity yarns used in CORDURA® Lite Plus fabric technology.
CORDURA® Classic fabric
- Dong Jin and Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co: In addition to their wide array of 330, 500 and 1000d offerings, Dong Jin and Hua Mao will each showcase Solution Dyed (SDN) 500 and 1000d fabrics for enhanced lot-to-lot color consistency and UV fade resistance.
CORDURA® Denim fabric
- Artistic Milliners: In addition to its comprehensive range of stretch and non-stretch CORDURA® Denim fabrics, Artistic Milliners has added new moisture management and temperature regulation fabrics including CORDURA® Denim with COOLMAX® All-Season fiber technology, as well as para-aramid reinforced CORDURA® Denim fabrics designed for exceptional abrasion resistance and added protection. This CORDURA® Denim fabric with para-aramid weft has been subjected to specialized testing to assess its performance for use in protective clothing for motorcycle apparel.
CORDURA® Lite and Lite Plus fabric
- Dong Jin Dong Jin will present new CORDURA® Lite Plus fabrics based on INVISTA’s highest tenacity nylon 6,6 air bag technology fibers. When compared with current best-in-class CORDURA® Lite fabrics, the Lite Plus collection demonstrates more than 12% improvement in tensile strength, higher filament count, and lower denier per filament resulting in increased coverage, a smoother, softer hand, and the ability to achieve equivalent hydrostatic results with less coating.
- LeeJo Textile Co. (booth #39215): Lee Jo will showcase latest 210, 420, and 525d fabrics for bags, packs and luggage based on high-tenacity fibers used in CORDURA® Lite Plus fabric technology.
CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
- Chia Her Industrial Co Ltd: The Chia Her collection includes a variety of durable, abrasion-resistant stretch CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics with a soft cotton-like feel in a range of laminations and finishes suitable for all types of outdoor and performance related activities. The latest mélange CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric design includes excellent abrasion resistance, DWR finish and a 4-way stretch—for use in outdoor clothing including lightweight jackets and high-performance trousers. CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric from Chia Her was named as one of the Top 10 Second Layer Fabrics for Autumn/Winter 2014/2015 at ISPO’s Textrends forum.
- Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co: Hua Mao will present a comprehensive array of CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics, including waterproof, breathable laminates and stretch offerings.
CORDURA® Ultralite fabric
- Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co (booth #39215): In addition to its full array of 30-100d offerings, new 20d CORDURA® Ultralite fabric for tents and lightweight apparel will be available.
CORDURA® HP fabric
- LeeJo Textile Co. (booth #39215): Lee Jo will be highlighting its wide array of durable, printable CORDURA® HP fabrics in a range of constructions providing best-in-class polyester performance for bags, packs and luggage
CORDURA® Combat Wool™
- Chai Her Industrial Co Ltd.: Chai her has produced new knits, laminates, and double weave CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabrics.
For more information on CORDURA® fabrics, or to meet with the CORDURA® brand team, please stop by the CORDURA® brand booth #39213 at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market or contact us to schedule an appointment.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visit www.CORDURA.com.
Work (919) 844-2752