INVISTA Teams with Indian Spinners to Develop Spun Yarns for COOLMAX® Fabric
INVISTA, one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, teams with Gokak Textiles Limited and RSWM Limited to develop spun yarns that can be qualified for developing COOLMAX® fabric in India.
COOLMAX® fabric is a unique performance fabric that moves moisture away from the body whilst enhances fabric drying rate, thus keeping the wearer feeling cool and dry. INVISTA launched the COOLMAX® fabric brand in India earlier this year, realizing that temperature regulation and sweat management in clothing is one of the growing demands in the country due to the tropical climate.
Now the association with Gokak & RSWM can develop yarns with various blends e.g., cotton & COOLMAX® fibers, polyester & COOLMAX® fibers, 100% COOLMAX® fibers, in various blend ratios and in various counts.
Andrew Evans, South Asia managing director, said, “We believe that with COOLMAX® fabric we can add another dimension of cool-comfort clothing for the Indian consumer. We have an encouraging response from the Indian apparel industry and are happy to announce that we will be working closely with Gokak Textiles Ltd and Rajasthan Spinning & Weaving Mills.”
“The consumer is becoming much more aware and demands better quality products suited to their specific needs," said H.S. Bhaskar, executive director & CEO, Gokak Textiles. "We will be working closely with INVISTA so that we can provide them premium fabric for their garment range. COOLMAX® fiber will provide more comfort and is value for money given that it is a high performance fabric and is suited to the Indian weather conditions.”
Mr. J C Laddha, executive director & CEO of RSWM limited, said, “Partnership on merits between two business entities is the prerequisite for the success of value chain. The association of RSWM Limited with INVISTA opens up a new possibility in functional textile. INVISTA is a leader in the industry and has a good team to strengthen the brand value of COOLMAX® fabric. Similarly, RSWM limited is synonymous with innovation and functionality as a textile manufacturer. We at RSWM provide tailor-made solutions for customer specific requirements. RSWM develops & produces special yarns with inherent functional properties that remain permanent throughout the lifetime of ultimate products such as sportswear, leisurewear, T-shirts, shirts, trousers, denim, intimate apparel, socks etc. I believe this association will go a long way and mutually benefit both the organizations.”
COOLMAX® fabric applications are not limited to sportswear and activewear, they are used in a variety of applications ranging from ready-to-wear to intimate apparel and various other garment types. The specialty fibers used in COOLMAX® fabric can also be blended with cotton, polyester and wool.
COOLMAX® fabric delivers performance and comfort to the wearer through the use of polyester fibers with special micro-channel cross sections that transfer sweat from the body to the outside very effectively.
According to a survey done by Strategic Insights, 69% of avid runners and 69% of avid golfers in the United States say that a garment with COOLMAX® fabric is “much better” than a garment with another type of moisture management, while 57% of avid runners and 55% of avid golfers said that COOLMAX® fabric makes sport garments "much more desirable“. In Europe, 90% of the respondents agreed that clothes with COOLMAX® fabric provide greater comfort and performance.
The features that make COOLMAX® fabric unique are:
- Quick Drying: COOLMAX® fabric enables moisture to reach the fabric’s outer surface where it evaporates quickly
- Cool Comfort: COOLMAX® fabric effectively moves perspiration away from the body, and through the fabric. The thermoregulatory effect of moisture transport helps keep skin temperature low, allowing the wearer to feel cooler and more comfortable
- Evaporative Cooling: The multichannel cross sections of COOLMAX® fibers create a fabric with large surface area, versus circular fibers. The larger fiber surface area, combined with proper fabric construction lead to a fast the rate of evaporation. Evaporation causes cooling
- Durable performance: The moisture management performance of COOLMAX® fabric is inherent to the fiber structure itself; therefore, the performance cannot be washed off
- Support from INVISTA: Users of COOLMAX® fibers have access to technical support from INVISTA to help them maximize the performance of their fabrics, as well as, the confidence of having their fabrics tested by INVISTA against a demanding set of moisture management performance criteria to help ensure they meet or exceed consumer expectations