CORDURA® brand debuts “Don’t Be This Guy” campaign and durable design achievement award at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
CORDURA® brand showcases award winning technologies and innovative, durable products
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand fabrics, the go-to solutions for companies seeking to create durable, high performance gear and apparel for over 45 years, will launch their “Don’t Be This Guy” campaign at Outdoor Retailer Winter 2014 Market in Salt Lake City, Utah, Jan. 22-25, 2014. The campaign demonstrates why CORDURA® fabric is crucial for manufacturing long-lasting, durable products in industries ranging from outdoor to workwear, military and travel. A full range of fabric technologies will be on display in a dedicated fabric library and also with the seven authorized mills that will participate in the CORDURA® brand booth (#39215), along with numerous other authorized mills that will exhibit new CORDURA® fabric innovations for outdoor and on-the-go applications throughout the show.
“CORDURA® fabrics go through critical lab tests in the development stage, including abrasion resistance, tear resistance and tensile strength, all of which support our brand’s commitment to developing next generation ‘Durable Fabrics for Durable People™,” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. “Our new “Don’t Be This Guy” video series campaign captures a lighthearted look at what happens to fabrics outside of the lab, when fabrics are subjected to real world abuse, and demonstrates why choosing CORDURA® fabrics is essential when durability counts.”
At the show, the CORDURA® brand will also name its first Durable Design Achievement award recognizing a company or person’s commitment to crafting high performance products that utilize CORDURA® fabric in the product design. A winner will be announced Tuesday evening, and the recipient will receive signage recognition for display in their booth.
“The longevity of the CORDURA® brand in the outdoor industry has afforded us many opportunities to work with innovative and accomplished companies and product developers,” said McNaull. “What a perfect time to award our first CORDURA® Durable Design Achievement award during Winter Outdoor Retailer.”
Cutting-edge spring/summer 2014 products from leading manufacturers will also be on display in the booth, showcasing the adoptions of high-performance CORDURA® brand textiles, a staple of outdoor brands for decades. From Eddie Bauer’s new Sport Shop Fly Fishing Line and updated First Ascent series to the innovative Black Diamond Halo 28 JetForce Avalanche Airbag, and Topo Designs trendy Klettersack pack, these products demonstrate the extensive industry leader use of CORDURA® fabric.
In line with the outdoor industry’s demand for top-to-bottom durable fabric solutions, the latest CORDURA® brand fabric innovations from global authorized CORDURA® fabric mills can be seen at this year’s show:
CORDURA ® AFT fabric
- Tiong Liong: Targeting outdoor and athletic footwear, the newest collection of CORDURA® AFT (Air Flow Technology) fabrics offer stylish durability and enhanced strength-to-weight ratio. This range of highly breathable knits—based on high-tenacity polyester and nylon 6,6 fiber technologies—includes an array of mesh and 3D/spacer fabrics.
CORDURA ® Ballistic fabric
- Daehyun Textile Co Ltd: The latest offerings of CORDURA® Ballistic fabrics targeted at bags, packs and luggage applications is based on the same qualifying high tenacity yarns used in CORDURA® Lite Plus fabric technology.
CORDURA® Canvas/ NYCO fabric
- Mount Vernon: Comfortably durable CORDURA® Canvas (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabrics in 357 gsm canvas and 246 gsm twill was introduced for this season, complementing Mount Vernon’s established range of 280 – 340 gsm (10–12 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics (88/12 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6).
- Nishat: The Nishat range of CORDURA® Canvas (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabrics in twill, canvas and Oxford constructions in a range of weights from 280gsm to 400gsm and classic colors now includes stretch CORDURA® Canvas fabrics with LYCRA® T400® fiber for enhanced comfort and specialty finishes including Peach and Lafer Peach. These fabrics are being targeted for apparel and casual footwear.
- Penfabric: Three multi-season, trouser-weight CORDURA® NYCO (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) 280 gsm twill fabrics (3/1, 2/1 and 2/2) are now available in range of colors including navy blue, black, tan, charcoal and brown are ideal in clothing for temperate climates. Penfabric also offers heavier weight 325gsm and 380gsm CORDURA® NYCO fabrics in a variety of canvas and twill weaves.
CORDURA® Classic fabric
- Dong Jin (booth #39215) and Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co (booth #39215): In addition to their wide array of 330, 500 and 1000d offerings, Dong Jin and Hua Mao will each showcase Solution Dyed (SDN) 500 and 1000d fabrics for enhanced lot-to-lot color consistency and UV fade resistance.
CORDURA® Denim fabric
- Advanced Denim: An exciting new range that consists of 8-11oz. (285 – 375gsm) durable performance CORDURA® Denim stretch fabrics is particularly suited for outdoor, climbing apparel. Included in this range are a variety of stretch options—such as LYCRA® T400® fiber, for maximum recovery, and LYCRA® dualFX™ fabrics, for super-stretch denims that retain their shape and fit over time.
- Artistic Milliners: In addition to its comprehensive range of stretch and non-stretch CORDURA® Denim fabrics, Artistic Milliners has added new para-aramid reinforced CORDURA® Denim fabric designed for exceptional abrasion resistance and added protection. This CORDURA® Denim fabric with para-aramid weft has been subjected to specialized testing to assess its performance for use in protective clothing for motorcycle apparel.
- Dezhou YuanJi: Ideally suited for use in active outdoor clothing—including climbing, cycling and more—the latest 357 gsm (10.05 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabric from Dezhou YuanJi has moisture-wicking properties to help keep the wearer feeling cool and dry. This comfortably durable CORDURA® Denim fabric features elastane and moisture management fiber technologies in the weft that result in a durable stretch denim fabric designed to transport moisture away from the body.
CORDURA® Lite and Lite Plus fabric
- Dong Jin (booth #39215): Dong Jin will present newCORDURA® Lite Plus fabrics based on INVISTA’s highest tenacity nylon 6,6 air bag technology fibers. When compared with current best-in-class CORDURA® Lite fabrics, the Lite Plus collection demonstrates more than 12% improvement in tensile strength, higher filament count, and lower denier per filament resulting in increased coverage, a smoother, softer hand, and the ability to achieve equivalent hydrostatic results with less coating.
- LeeJo Textile Co. (booth #39215): Lee Jo will showcase latest 210, 420, and 525d fabrics for bags, packs and luggage based on high-tenacity fibers used in CORDURA® Lite Plus fabric technology.
CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric
- Chia Her Industrial Co Ltd (booth 255-263): The Chia Her collection includes a variety of durable, abrasion-resistant stretch CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics with a soft cotton-like feel in a range of laminations and finishes suitable for all types of outdoor and performance related activities. The latest mélange CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric design includes excellent abrasion resistance, DWR finish and a 4-way stretch—for use in outdoor clothing including lightweight jackets and high-performance trousers. CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabric from Chia Her was named as one of the Top 10 Second Layer Fabrics for Autumn/Winter 2014/2015 at ISPO’s Textrends forum earlier this year.
- Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co (booth #39215): Hua Mao will present a comprehensive array of CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics, including waterproof, breathable laminates and stretch offerings.
- Minlan (booth 155-101): Minlan will showcase a broad range of CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics for outdoor apparel including double-face fabrics with moisture-wicking performance properties to help keep the wearer feeling cool and dry.
CORDURA® Ultralite fabric
- Huamao (Xiamen) Weaving Dyeing & Finishing Co (booth #39215): In addition to its full array of 30-100d offerings, new 20d CORDURA® Ultralite fabric for tents and lightweight apparel will be available.
CORDURA® HP fabric
- LeeJo Textile Co. (booth #39215): Lee Jo will be highlighting its wide array of durable, printable CORDURA® HP fabrics in a range of constructions providing best-in-class polyester performance for bags, packs and luggage
- CORDURA® Sock Fabric
- ZhuJi XiaoLu Textile Trading Co Ltd will debut new CORDURA® Everyday sport sock fabric which is designed for long-lasting performance and offers exceptional durability versus comparable weight cotton socks.
For more information on CORDURA® fabrics, or to meet with the CORDURA® brand team, please stop by the CORDURA® brand booth #39215 at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market or contact us to schedule an appointment.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please visitwww.CORDURA.com.