INVISTA Presented Innovations at YARNEX 2012
INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers and owner of the LYCRA® fiber brand, showcased its key fiber and yarn innovations at The India International Yarn Exhibition (YARNEX) in Tirupur. INVISTA showcased its fabric innovations, based on its fibers and yarn products like LYCRA® fiber, LYCRA® T400® fiber and yarns qualifying to COOLMAX® fabric and THERMOLITE® fabric.
During the show, INVISTA received a very encouraging response from the industry, which is seeking ways to improve its product offering. Speaking on the occasion Rishi Suri, Business Head- South Asia, commented “INVISTA is proud to be associated with YARNEX for the second consecutive year as it aims at bringing together major players and experts from the yarn and fiber sector. We have been able to achieve multiple breakthroughs over the years through its continuous investment in innovations and constant effort towards understanding the consumers’ needs.”
As one of the pioneers in the apparel industry, fabric and fiber innovation for apparel industry has always been INVISTA’s focus. Regular interactions with various stakeholders in the apparel value chain help INVISTA understand the ever evolving consumer needs and accordingly develop the products. Participation at YARNEX, further strengthened INVISTA’s objective of bridging the gaps in the supply chain and serving the needs of customers.
Rishi Suri further added, “We are a global company committed to creating value for us and our customer throughout the apparel value chain through premium service delivery, relevant product innovation and technology development. In this quest we have been strengthening our technical, sales and marketing team. We are quite happy to say we are very well equipped to take our support to larger number of customers.”
INVISTA showcased products for various end uses, including Ready-to-wear, Active Wear, Outdoor Apparel and Intimate Apparel. The following high performance fiber technologies and fabric innovation were presented:
- LYCRA® T400® fiber is chlorine-resistant and withstands bleaching and washing techniques not typically used on stretch denim or denim with treatments such as antique finishes, whisker washing and sandblasting
- TOUGHMAX™ LYCRA® fabric: Twice as strong in comparison to 100 percent cotton jeans, these fabrics withstand the rigors of everyday wear and tear. It is prepared with a blend of cotton and high-performance LYCRA® T400® fiber
- LYCRA® dualFX® fabric made with patented technology from INVISTA, this fabric offers super stretch denim with extra comfortable fit that lasts longer. The heart of the technology involves combining LYCRA® fiber and LYCRA®T400® fiber weaved in the same fabric to give the garment high stretch, high recovery, and low shrinkage
- LYCRA® FREEF!T® fabric: Shirts, trousers, and jackets made of LYCRA® FREEF!T® fabric offer comfort stretch without restricting body movement, or hugging to the skin. Air flow is important to consumers and this fabric delivers good breathability
- COOLMAX® fabric: helps wearer body cool and dry by moving moisture away from the body and enhancing fabric drying rate. The moisture management performance of COOLMAX® fabric is inherent to the fiber structure itself; therefore, the performance cannot be washed off
- THERMOLITE® fabric: The lightweight warmth of THERMOLITE® fabric and insulation is provided by core fibers that are engineered and constructed to add appropriate levels of comfort without adding weight
- Narrows with LYCRA® fiber: The new Narrows branding, created only for India, comes as a response to the industry demand of LYCRA® brand identification for garments that contain LYCRA® fiber only in narrows
- LYCRA® BEAUTY fabric is set to create solutions that will satisfy the consumer expectations of this fast-changing shapewear category. LYCRA® BEAUTY fabrics provide the scientific foundation for essential shapewear versatility - ranging from firm control to featherweight smoothing and from understated elegance to high fashion style
About LYCRA® fiber
The LYCRA® fibre brand is an integral element in many of the world’s leading fashion brands but is often misunderstood. “LYCRA®” is not a fabric or type in its own right. It is not the name of the category of stretch fabrics or clothing. It is the world’s leading brand of elastane fibre and other premium stretch fibres and fabrics that can be combined with many other fabrics such as cotton, wool, leather or even cashmere. It is a brand that delivers the consumer promise of comfort, fit and freedom of movement. A touch of LYCRA® fibre ingredient can help make garments and the people that wear them look better and feel better. LYCRA® branded fibres are essential ingredients in fashion today, driving innovation and working with designers and brands to produce stylish, beautiful clothes. LYCRA® branded fibres are found in all types of garments from underwear and swimwear, jeans and tailored suits to sportswear, hosiery and sweaters.
Work +91 97112 09880
Work +91 98992 15065