INVISTA to co-sponsor first ever Kingpins Show in Europe and host seminar on consumer needs in denim
INVISTA is pleased to announce its co-sponsorship and exhibition at the upcoming Kingpins show in Amsterdam to be held on May 7th and 8th. Focused exclusively on denim, the show brings together the world’s best mills, laundries, trim, and technology suppliers to provide one stop shopping for denim brands, retailers, and garment makers.
Under the banner of “Comfort at any Degree”, the INVISTA stand will feature a variety of innovations that address consumer needs for comfortable garments that move with you, to those that help keep you warm, cool, or protected. From its LYCRA® dualFX® technology for super stretch garments that keep their shape, to thermal concepts such as its COOLMAX® ALL SEASON and THERMOLITE® technologies, and durable options such as TOUGH MAX™ LYCRA® and CORDURA® Denim fabrics, visitors to the INVISTA stand will find solutions to many common consumer issues.
Underscoring its commitment to developing consumer relevant market concepts, INVISTA will host a seminar on May 7th to present the results of a recently completed global denim study. According to Jean Hegedus, INVISTA’s global denim director, the presentation will cover specific insights about what consumers are looking for in their jeans as well as some of the larger megatrends that are influencing their behaviour. In addition to the quantitative research, INVISTA will showcase a fun video illuminating the denim desires of local consumers in Amsterdam. “Since the Dutch own more jeans per capita than people in any other country, we thought it would be interesting to get their perspective on where this iconic garment is headed,” Hegedus says.
At the INVISTA stand the innovations to be showcased will offer solutions across the performance and stretch fabric spectrum. Some of the notable fabric offerings include:
- LYCRA® dualFX® fabrics: Originally created to meet the demand for high-stretch garments that keep their shape, LYCRA® dualFX® fabrics now come in a variety of blends, including new and exciting offerings with TENCEL® for soft, luxurious fabrics with excellent recovery.
- XFIT LYCRA® fabric: Allows jeans to have 360° comfort and a custom-like fit because they stretch and recover in all directions.
- COOLMAX® fabric: COOLMAX® fabric enables jeans to help keep the wearer cool, dry and comfortable in warm environments. COOLMAX® ALL SEASON fabric goes one step further by working with the body’s natural thermoregulation capabilities. It contains fibres with a specially engineered cross-section to move moisture away from the body when the wearer is hot, and has hollow core fibres to help provide insulation when it is cold.
- THERMOLITE® fabric: This fabric provides the consumer with lightweight thermal comfort, trapping warmth from the body through the use of hollow core fibres.
- TOUGH MAX™ LYCRA® fabric: For men’s denim, TOUGH MAX™ LYCRA® fabric offers a solution for those seeking greater durability, allowing everyday jeans to be both strong and comfortable.
- CORDURA® Denim fabric: Pushing the boundaries of high performance technical denims, the comfortably durable CORDURA® Denim fabric portfolio offers exceptional abrasion resistance combined with added functionality including stretch, thermal regulation, moisture management, and enhanced tear resistance.
INVISTA has been a long-time supporter of Kingpins events, having been a sponsor of the shows in New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong. “INVISTA’s denim expertise and constant development of new technologies is evidenced by LYCRA® fibre being at the forefront of the denim world for more than 20 years,” Hegedus says. “With Amsterdam being home to many denim-centred brands and activities, Kingpins is ideally located, and we are delighted to continue our long running association with this event.”
Kingpins Amsterdam will take place at Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam’s Gashouder venue. To find out more about the show please visit: www.kingpinsshow.com.
The Kingpins Show is an invitation-only, boutique denim sourcing show featuring a highly-edited selection of vendors that include denim and sportswear fabric mills from the U.S., Japan, China, India, Italy, Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan, Thailand, Spain and Mexico, wash houses, full package manufacturers, trim providers and business solutions. Kingpins, which launched in 2004, produces biannual shows in New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
Work +44 020 7300 6173