Manufacturing Technician. Ref: 29527. Location: Gloucester, UK.
INVISTA is continually looking to create long term value by embracing new technology and transforming how work is accomplished and we are looking for the right candidate with a high motivation and ambitious drive to join our Operations team.
As part of the Gloucester Operations team, you will be responsible for the safe operation and optimisation of equipment and plant in the manufacture of Nylon-6,6 fibre for the industrial fibres markets. The successful candidate will have experience of operating in a shift environment as a mechanically biased Technician. This opening has the potential to provide long term job satisfaction and progression within a growing business with ambitious targets for growth.
- Ensure all activities undertaken comply with EHS and operating standards as detailed in relevant SOPs and working practices.
- Responsible for building shift capability in mechanical activities (e.g. replacement of motors, gearboxes and pumps; maintenance of pneumatic systems and valves) including training and validation.
- Responsible for on aim performance and reliability of equipment during shift including first line IM response - fault finding and diagnostics.
- Operate and maintain plant to meet production plan at required quality and yield efficiencies
- Accurate recording of operating conditions and optimisation of the plant to meet production plan and maximising yields.
- You will be expected to attend and participate in plant based meetings, targeting improvement to Key Performance Indicators.
- Complete and maintain area/equipment cleaning procedures to high standards as illustrated in standard operating procedure. Identify areas for improvement and implementing these improvements including updating documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Manufacturing or Operating experience, ideally within a regulated or quality critical manufacturing environment.
- NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven ability in fault finding and diagnostics, providing practical solutions to problems & driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to work flexibly in a team environment, manage work autonomously and deal with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver practical training
- Demonstrated Initiative
- Experience of control room based operation including DCS/SCADA systems is desirable
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to Sarah Walters, HR Manager at: sarah.walters@Invista.com.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 12 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary forwarded to affiliated companies. https://privacypolicy.kochind.com/