PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER - REF: 29544
Project Engineering Manager – Ref: 29544
INVISTA Performance Technologies (IPT) is the world’s leading licensor of technology for Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains. IPT have over 40 years of continuous licensing experience with a global team of technology and licensing experts. Due to our desire to create superior value for our customers an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineering Manager has arisen. The successful candidate would join our Operations group and be based at Wilton in the North East of England. They would be expected to lead the home-office capability for the development of process technology packages as well as lead projects as required. The role offers frequent international travel.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- To provide technical leadership and to manage, the effective delivery of process design packages for large technically complex chemical and petrochemical projects.
- To identify and plan resource needs to deliver multiple packages simultaneously across the process technology portfolio.
- To provide support to Programme Managers to ensure that project objectives are fulfilled.
- Capable of leading project and customer interactions.
- To ensure that best practice project methodologies are consistently applied.
- To identify innovation opportunities and to drive continuous improvement in project execution methodologies, creating measurable economic value.
Key expectations of the role are:
- In depth knowledge of front-end engineering definition for large projects.
- Proven capability to supervise the effective creation of engineering deliverables.
- Track record of driving continuous improvement of project processes
- Proven capability to develop milestone and resource plans, to drive a team to deliver.
- Proven capability in interdisciplinary coordination.
- Participate and organise appropriate safety and risk management reviews.
- Strong engineering systems and work-flow knowledge.
- Strong customer focus; motivated to create superior value for INVISTA by doing so for our customers.
- Put safety first; drive environmental excellence and comply with all laws and regulations
- Treat everyone with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity.
- Be humble, intellectually honest and deal with reality constructively.
- An entrepreneurial, pragmatic and results orientated approach to leadership.
- A lifelong learner and having the urge to acquire the best knowledge from any and all sources that will enable you to improve your performance. Share your knowledge proactively.
- Willingness and ability to understand the highly technical process technology products.
- Experience of working with engineering contractors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with effective use of English and IT.
- Engineering degree.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to email@example.com
Include the job title and reference code in your application.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary forwarded to affiliated companies.