Process Modelling Specialist - Ref: 29531
Candidates should have demonstrated expertise in designing, building and running models in AspenPlus® or other similar flowsheeting packages and be able to link the work carried out to value created. They should also have demonstrated experience in customizing modelling software, utilising and modifying embedded Fortran code and running sequenced heat and mass balance models. Experience working on front-end engineering designs in organisations performing similar work to INVISTA PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGIES (IPT) is preferred though it is not essential to have prior experience in PTA, BDO, or any of the other technologies that IPT currently Licenses.
Key expectations of the role are:
- Develop AspenPlus® models and H&MB for external license projects and internal Koch Industries projects, to schedule.
- Develop AspenPlus® models to facilitate technology development, design improvement/optimization and cost benefit analysis.
- Provide internal AspenPlus® support and training.
- Provide modelling support for technology, operations and commercial groups.
- Assist in the interpretation of plant operating data (including incorporation of inputs from others) into Points of View of underlying performance and recommendations.
- Proactively contribute to the development of process technology and improved design of process plants.
- Motivated to create superior value for INVISTA by doing so for our customers.
- Be a lifelong learner and acquire the best knowledge from any and all sources that will enable you to improve your performance. Be intellectually honest and share your knowledge proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams, treating others with respect and sensitivity.
- Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering (2:1 min. in UK).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Proven ability to build, develop and run AspenPlus® models or a similar flowsheeting packages, including customizing modelling software, utilising and modifying embedded Fortran code and running sequenced H&MB models.
- Proven knowledge of AspenPlus® Properties environment (knowledge of Interaction Parameters is an advantage).
- Experience of developing solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience of linking modelling packages with other software, for example, exporting data to Microsoft Excel for manipulation in calculations is preferred.
- Experience of Aspen Basic Engineering is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to Julie.email@example.com
Include the job title and reference code in your application.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalising the position) and if necessary forwarded to affiliated companies. https://privacypolicy.kochind.com/