SENIOR PROCESS & OPERATIONS ENGINEER (REFINING) - REF: 29536
Senior Process & Operations Engineer (Refining) - Ref: 29536
It is essential that the individual candidates have significant experience (preferably 10 years minimum) working on refining technologies either within an operating company or technology licensing organization, in a process engineering capacity. Examples of work undertaken could include providing technical support to operations (developing / implementing improvements to existing assets), development of new technologies, implementing technology in greenfield assets. Experience derived from commissioning technology enhancements and new assets is also essential.
Frequent, international travel is a requirement of the role, with the selected individual spending time providing technical sales support, on site commissioning support, and at the INVISTA home offices at Wilton in the UK or Shanghai, PRC during development of technology packages and technology information gathering.
- Member of the Refining Process Engineering Team.
- Internalise new technologies, develop proposal documents in support of technology sales.
- Provide Engineering Deliverables - for example P&ID development, PHA reviews etc. Develop INVISTA design packages, applying acceptable refining industry standards and specifications for equipment, package units, process control, and operations.
- Develop robust process design bases for IPT’s refining technologies, and as necessary, approve process design calculations.
- Customize and optimize Process Modelling tools (Aspen +, HYSYS, ProII) for client specific applications.
- Act as point of contact for follow up on process engineering developments with INVISTA’s partners in the implementation strategy for refining technologies.
- Attend technical meetings such as sales presentations, technical negotiation, bid review, design liaison and design reviews. Act as point of contact for nominated projects including for example gathering of samples for INVISTA testing.
- To be the face of INVISTA opposite the Licensee during plant start-up and optimisation.
- Develop plant operating instructions to support technology the transfer process.
- Develop and deliver training materials to different nationalities.
- Support the development of Performance Test requirements and procedures.
- Support plant readiness inspections.
- Lead commissioning activities on Licensee sites on behalf of INVISTA.
- Provide on-site technical support and troubleshooting post start-up.
- Look to develop long-term relationships with Licensees and seek opportunities to maximize the value from this relationship.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to Julie Swan at: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and reference code in your application.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial Engineer with a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or similar.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of refinery processes and unit operations.
- Experience in optimization and/or design of refinery unit operations.
- Experience as process engineering representative for HAZOP or PHA.
- Past experience with development and/or approval of unit operating procedures is preferred..
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of catalytic refining process units is preferred.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and quickly became an expert.
- Deep knowledge of refining industry standards.
- Results orientated, adaptable engineer with excellent team working skills and the enthusiasm and drive to complete challenging assignments.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ambition to develop technical, commercial and leadership skills as part of a global business.
- Strong track record and personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environment.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
Closing Date: 29th January 2019.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 12 months after finalizing the position) and if necessary forwarded to affiliated companies. https://privacypolicy.kochind.com/