Senior Polymer Scientist – Ref: 29561
Senior Polymer Scientist – Ref: 29561
Location: Wilton, UK
You may not know INVISTA but it is extremely likely that you will know our brands and that the clothes you are wearing, the car you are driving or the carpets that are in your home, were made with either our chemicals, our polymers, our fabrics and fibers.
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, a global business with over 120,000 employees. We create superior value for our customers by applying our Guiding Principles of Market-Based Management in everything we do.
INVISTA has set the goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance and we are currently looking for the right candidate with a high motivation and ambitious drive, to join our Intermediates R&D Team based in the Wilton Centre in the North-East of England.
- Responsible for developing new Polyamide Polymers, Resins, and Thermoplastics to meet market needs.
- Collaboratively work with our Global R&D and New Business Development Teams to identify new polymer opportunities to meet customer’s needs and synthesize / generate new formulations to meet market needs.
- Interact with customers, Tier 1, and OEMs to generate new polymers and resins to meet their specific requirements.
- Lead commercialization of new polymers or resins, working with Operations or third party capabilities to deliver the products.
- Candidate should be a PhD Polymer Scientist or Chemist with 10+ years Research or Industrial experience in Polymer Chemistry and new polymer product / resins development.
- Masters degree and Mechanical or Chemical engineering degrees will be considered. Knowledge and experience should be in several different Polymers with minimum PA66 expertise.
- Candidate should have extensive Compounding Extruder knowledge and expertise in compounding formulations, including several different additives such as Impact Modifiers, Flame Retardants (powders), Glass, etc.
- Candidates should be capable of new resin idea generation, including blend formulations to achieve new polymers with unique properties to meet Market Needs.
- Candidate should have experience in Injection Molding.
- Applications knowledge and experience and interactions with Tier 1 / OEMs is desired.
HOW TO APPLY
- Role is based in the Wilton Centre, UK.
- Must demonstrate and commit to living the Koch Principles and MBM®.
- Must operate with high regard for Safety.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with global teams, operations, and third party developers.
- Must be willing to travel 20-30% , including the USA, Europe, and Asia, to support global customers and commercialization initiatives.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job title and reference code in your application.
With your application you agree that your information will be recorded in our files (up to 6 months after finalising the position) and if necessary, forwarded to affiliated companies. https://privacypolicy.kochind.com/
In terms of location, INVISTA’s Intermediates business is based on Teesside, on the northern edge of the North York Moors National Park. It has good train access to and is equidistant from both London and Edinburgh. Teesside also has easy access to further areas of outstanding natural beauty such as the Yorkshire Dales, the Peak District National Park and the Lake District. The region is a place with many bridges, old abbeys, beautiful moors, castles and picturesque seaside locations. It has many great walks.
North Yorkshire also has diverse places to live. For those who seek village life there are villages like Great Ayton, Great Broughton and Hutton Rudby. Historic market towns such as Stokesley, Guisborough and Yarm and the many new suburbs in the area provide affordable good quality housing with easy access to shopping centres and other amenities. For those who like Victorian seaside towns, Saltburn and Whitby are great places to visit at the weekend.